SCOPE OF SERVICES OFFERED
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
RPS Ilangabi provides Project Management Services for
a broad spectrum of Electrical Installations
● Electrical Distribution Management Services and Revenue
Protection, Tariff Investigations and Integrated Management
● Management of Turnkey Electrical Reticulation Projects.
● Management of Turnkey Industrial, Electrical, new installations and refurbishments.
● Management of Electrical Maintenance
● Management of Outsourced Services, including Facilities
● Management of community Based Contractors in Electrical
Infrastructure Development Projects.
ELECTRICAL RETICULATION ENGINEERING SERVICES
● Transmission lines up to 132kv, including planning, profiling,
designing and templating.
● Injection and switching substations up to 132kv.
● Overheard and Underground Municipal and Rural Distribution
● Low cost Reticulation Systems.
● Overhead Reticulation Systems.
● Underground Reticulation Systems.
Electrical Load and Distribution Management Systems (
Demand Side Management)
● Residential Hot Water Load Control using Ripple Technology.
● Industrial Load Control.
● Load Control in large building complexes.
● Quality of Supply Investigations.
● Street Lighting.
● Area Lighting.
● Highway Lighting.
● Stadium Lighting.
● All types of buildings.
Telemetering and Telecontrol Systems
● Telemetering for water and sewage systems.
● Telecontrol of Electrical Reticulation Systems.
ELECTRICAL BUILDING SERVICES
RPS Ilangabi Services offers a wide scope of
Electrical Services from the Concept Phase
through to the Final Handover Stage.
ELECTRICAL BUILDING SERVICES
Our expertise in the field of Electrical Building
Services includes, but is not limited to, the following:
● HV and MV installations.
● Lighting protection and earthing.
● Building Electrical Services.
● Area lighting.
● Generator/essential supply installation/standby electricity
● Telephone/PABX installations.
● Motor/pump control and protection.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND
Traditionally, businesses have in the main, concerned
themselves with profit maximisation with scant regard to
social issues like skills, training, empowerment and
employment creation. The new democratic dispensation now
requires this view to change somewhat, largely due to social
pressures by non-governmental organizations, civil society
and governmental initiatives.
At RPS Ilangabi, social development and empowerment
issues are at the heart of our operations. This comes
naturally, perhaps because of our nature as a Black Economic
Empowerment Corporation. We are convinced that it is not
only desirable, but also indeed necessary to create wealth
while solving social problems.
RPS Ilangabi has taken a conscious decision to
actively encourage community involvement in all our
activities. This way, skills will be developed, employment
created and economic activities stimulated in the
Our aim is to promote the Community Co-ordination Committees
concept and in the following brief discussions, we indicate
how these would work in project management:
● All our projects, as far as is possible and in
consultation with client needs, would have to be designed
and implemented in such a way that they are labour
● Equipment and materials should be provided so that they do
not act as barriers for the small community based
● As far as possible, all community-based projects should
have a training component so that previous experience and
skills do not deter the small contractors.
● Project documentation should be as simple as possible to
enable the inexperienced contractors and labourers to do the
● Management of all Institutional Electrical Services
including Planning, Procurement, Installation, Repair and
● Management of all Institutional Mechanical Services.
● Demand Side Management for Electrical Power for
● Monitoring Energy Utilisation Patterns to ensure
Efficiency and Optimisation.
● Guidance to clients on options to meet telecommunications
● Optimisation of networks for providers
● Business process mapping and optimisation
● Key person placement and training